Solano Legal Access Center (SLAC) and Family Law Facilitator
SOLANO LEGAL ACCESS CENTER AND FAMILY LAW FACILITATOR
The Family Law Facilitator/Legal Access Center will be CLOSED on the 25th, 26th and 27th of September, 2013, except for domestic violence restraining orders. We will resume our regular hours on Monday, September 30.
PLEASE READ THIS:
HOURS The Solano Legal Access Center and Family Law Facilitator are now open to the public every weekday except Wednesday from 815 AM to 12 PM. We offer all of our services on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We are closed on Wednesdays. On Fridays we help with restraining orders only.
Our hours and services are subject to change.
We help people without lawyers with their family law cases.
We may be able to help you with:
- Child support
- Restraining orders
- Child custody and parenting time
- Spousal support
- Guardianship of the person of a minor
SPECIAL HOURS FOR RESTRAINING ORDERS
If you need help with a domestic violence restraining order, come to our office on any weekday. Try to get here before noon (12 PM).
Online help with restraining orders can be found here:
IF YOU COME TO OUR OFFICE
- We operate on a first come/first served basis. The earlier you come, the more likely it is that you will get the help you want. Be prepared to wait for help.
- Please do not bring children to our office. We will not be able to help you with children present, unless you need help with a domestic violence restraining order.
- We cannot help you if you are represented by a lawyer in your case.
- We cannot help with the division of pensions, with complicated divisions of property and debt, with discovery or with complicated enforcement issues. In the opinion of the Facilitator, these sorts of issues require the counsel of an experienced family law attorney.
- We are not your lawyer no attorney-client privilege exists between you and this office and your communications with this office in any form are not confidential.
NEED LEGAL FORMS?
Every California legal form can be found here:
Solano Court local forms can be found here
SOLANO COURT LOCAL RULES
The Solano Superior Court Local Rules can be found here:
INFORMATION ABOUT SOME SOLANO COURT CASES
NEED TO CALCULATE CHILD OR SPOUSAL SUPPORT?
RESOLVING DEBT COLLECTION
A video on Resolving Your Debt Collection Case in the California Courts is now posted on the California Courts website. The video is designed to help inform self-represented litigants about their options for resolving debt collection matters, either before or after a case is filed. In early 2014, Spanish and Vietnamese versions of the video will also be available.
MORE SELF-HELP INFORMATION
You may find this self-help information website provided by Contra Costa County Superior Court to be helpful. If you use this website, please bear in mind that some of the information is particular to Contra Costa County and will not apply to legal matters in Solano County.
Custody and Support Orders for Parents who are not Married to Each Other
How to get or Change a Family Law Court Order
Back to Top